Inventory Unit Detail
2018 BMW R nineT Racer
Stock Image: Light White
The BMW R nineT Racer.
Unwavering. Dynamic. Air-cooled.
The R nineT Racer lets you relive the era of legendary superbikes. Far removed from obsessive retro romanticism, but rather on a customizable bike with innovative technology and in customary BMW Motorrad quality. Crouched behind the striking half fairing, both hands tight on the low-slung handlebar grips, you can feel the powerful boxer work, you hear its unmistakable roar. And you already know: only a strong character can hold the racing line. On the road, as in life.
Style in the fast lane.
The design of the R nineT Racer unmistakably takes inspiration from the 70s motorsports. The elongated proportions extend through the entire design and promise pure acceleration. The distinctive half-shell fairing, the tank and the seat shape the slim silhouette. The long wheelbase and the low-slung handlebars positioned far to the front complete the low, sporty seating position. Then the high-set, far back footrests: as a rider, you lean into an aggressive riding position. Surrounded by the white bodywork, which clearly stands out against the dark driving parts and technology. Even the BMW Motorsports colors seem to constantly call for the next corner.
Powerful boxer for chasing the racing line.
The R nineT Racer's technology is just as confident and strong as its design: the drive and the vehicle electrical system have thrilled since the BMW R nineT. Being state-of-the-art, the R nineT Racer also meets the EU-4 standard. The powerful air-cooled, two-cylinder boxer engine features a capacity of 1170 cc and 110 hp (81kW) of output for a highly dynamic power delivery, even at low speeds. Simply a boxer. Thanks to the half fairing and the low seating position, you can even enjoy wind protection whatever pace you are riding. The standard ABS and optional ASC add confidence while riding.
You ride like you sit.
Sporty and dynamic: the R nineT Racer's handlebars are positioned low on the upper fork bridge. The moderate offset protects the wrists. The footrests, on the other hand, have made their way backwards and upwards to support the sporty seating position. In addition, the optional custom rider's seat lowers the seat height from 32.3" to 31.7. The cushion on the rider's seat is slightly raised at the rear. This provides perceptible relief for the back on long rides.
Customizing with style.
The R nineT Racer takes inspiration from the motorsports of days gone by. That's why, as standard, it only has room for you – completely solo and pure. It is focused – and it shows. The retrofittable rear frame quickly adds the ability to carry a passenger. The custom range of optional equipment available from the factory contains, among other things: two aluminum tanks and spoked wheels. You can add original BMW Motorrad accessories such as HP carbon parts or an HP sports silencer. The R nineT Racer is also optimally prepared for specially manufactured mounted parts, such as the new Machined parts. Because it loves tinkering hands just as much as the confident rev on the gas.
- Type: Air/oil-cooled 4-stroke flat twin engine with balancer shaft, four valves per cylinder, double overhead camshaft, wet sump lubrication
- Bore x stroke: 101 mm x 73 mm
- Capacity: 1,170 cc
- Rated output: 110 hp (81 kW) at 7,550 rpm
- Max. torque: 85 lb-ft (116 Nm) at 6,000 rpm
- Compression ratio: 12.0 : 1
- Mixture control / engine management: Electronic intake injection
- Emission control: Closed-loop 3-way catalytic converter, emission standard EU-4
- Maximum speed: Over 125 mph (200 km/h)
- Fuel type: Premium Unleaded
- Alternator: Three-phase 720 W alternator
- Battery: 12 V / 14 Ah, maintenance-free
- Clutch: Single dry plate clutch, hydraulically operated
- Gearbox: Constant mesh 6-speed gearbox with helical gear teeth
- Drive: Shaft drive
- Frame: Three-section frame consisting of one front and two rear sections, load-bearing engine-gearbox unit, pillion frame mountable for pillion rider use (accessories)
- Front wheel location / suspension: Telescopic forks with 43 mm fixed-tube diameter
- Rear wheel location / suspension: Cast aluminum single swing arm with BMW Motorrad Paralever; central spring strut, spring preload steplessly adjustable by hook wrench, rebound-stage damping adjustable
- Suspension travel front / rear: 4.9 in. / 4.7 in. (125 mm / 120 mm)
- Wheelbase: 58.7 in. (1,491 mm)
- Castor: 4.1 in. (103.9 mm)
- Steering head angle: 63.6°
- Wheels: Cast aluminum wheels
- Rim, front: 3.00 x 17 in.
- Rim, rear: 5.50 x 17 in.
- Tires, front: 120/70 ZR 17
- Tires, rear: 180/55 ZR 17
- Brake, front: Twin-disc brakes, diameter 320 mm, 4-piston calipers
- Brake, rear: Single disc brake, diameter 265 mm, double-piston floating caliper
- ABS: BMW Motorrad ABS
- Length: 82.9 in. (2,175 mm)
- Width (incl. mirrors): 36 in. (880 mm)
- Height (excl. mirrors): 43.5 in. (1,330 mm)
- Seat height, unladen weight: 31.7 in. (820 mm)
- Inner leg curve, unladen weight: 70.3 in. (1,830 mm)
- Unladen weight, road ready, fully fueled: 485 lb. (221 kg)
- Permitted total weight: 948 lb. (430 kg)
- Payload (with standard equipment): 463 lb. (210 kg)
- Usable tank volume: 4.5 gal. (17 L)
- Reserve: Approx. 1 gal. (3.5 L)
- Engine Type
- 4-stroke flat twin engine with balancer shaft, four valves per cylinder, double overhead camshaft, wet sump lubrication
- 1,170 cc
- Bore and Stroke
- 101 mm x 73 mm
- Compression Ratio
- Fuel System
- Electronic intake injection
- Constant mesh 6-speed gearbox with helical gear teeth
- Final Drive
- Shaft drive
- Front Suspension
- Telescopic forks with 43 mm fixed-tube diameter
- Rear Suspension
- Cast aluminum single swing arm with BMW Motorrad Paralever; central spring strut, spring preload steplessly adjustable by hook wrench, rebound-stage damping adjustable
- Front Brakes
- Twin-disc brakes, diameter 320 mm, 4-piston calipers
- Rear Brakes
- Single disc brake, diameter 265 mm, double-piston floating caliper
- Front Tire
- 120/70 ZR 17
- Rear Tire
- 180/55 ZR 17
- 58.7 in. (1,491 mm)
- Seat Height
- 31.7 in. (820 mm)
- Fuel Capacity
- 4.5 gal. (17 L)
- Dry Weight
- Curb Weight: 485 lb. (221 kg)
- Light White