Inventory Unit Detail
2017 KTM 65 SX
The 65 SX is a fully-fledged piece of racing kitsports equipment for young pilots aged around 8 to 12 years with a body height of up to 1.60m. This year’s top ministudent features revolutionary WP AER 35 front forks, cool graphics and a lot of detailed improvements that setting the standard in terms of power, riding dynamics, equipment and craftsmanship. Like its larger counterparts, the 65 SX is truly READY TO RACE for its young competitors.
- Engine: The 65 SX benefits from cutting-edge 2-stroke technology and an easy to shift 6-speed transmission with a hydraulic clutch. The cylinder, with its pressure controlled exhaust valve, provides class-leading power and plenty of torque.
- Cylinder: The high performance cylinder features the pressure controlled exhaust valve (PCEV) and provides an unrivaled performance within the highly competitive 65cm3 class.
- Clutch: An outstanding feature of the 65 SX is the hydraulic clutch made by Formula. It ensures an easy clutch action and well-defined modulation.
- Bodywork: The bodywork is derived from the full-size SX models and provides perfect ergonomics, well thought-out contact points for the rider and maximum freedom of movement. In addition, smart design solutions for the new front and rear fenders are prime examples of an intelligent design, which guarantees maximum stability through a well thought-out structure and mounting.
- Frame: The modern frame produced by WP Performance Systems is made of lightweight, high strength chromoly steel profiles and combines maximum longitudinal stiffness with optimum torsional rigidity. It guarantees easy handling and precise cornering, but also outstanding stability. The subframe, made of lightweight aluminum, is fitted with 4 screws to the frame.
- Graphics: Derived from the full-size SX bikes, the graphic design makes the new 65 SX look even cooler. Its frame has a super rugged polymer coating in cheeky black.
- Handlebars: The classy anodized handlebars made of a high quality aluminum alloy are distinguished by the best ergonomics and the highest strength. A crash pad on the handlebar brace protects the rider from rough contact.
- Radiators: An intelligent cooling circuit with integrated crankcase cooling and two radiators improves the heat dissipation and ensures a constant temperature balance for consistent, high performance.
- Swingarm: The 65 SX is fitted with a lightweight cast aluminum swingarm. Conceived using the latest in calculation and simulation software, the design and wall thickness have been made for minimum weight at optimum stiffness and precisely defined flexibility. In addition it features a robust 2-compound chain guide similar to the full-size models.
- Front Suspension: The new 65 SX is the first model in its class fitted with a modern, fully adjustable air fork: the AER 35, made by WP Suspension. Beside a massive weight reduction of 750g the newly developed upside-down front forks with 35mm tube diameter and 215mm of travel ensure outstanding comfort, damping characteristics and directional stability. Another main benefit for junior riders is that the air spring fitted in the left fork leg can be adjusted perfectly to the rider’s weight just with a simple air fork pump.
- Rear Suspension: On the rear wheel a WP monoshock linked directly to the swingarm provides excellent damping performance and is fully adjustable in order set the damping perfectly to rider’s preferences and track conditions. The rear wheel travel is 270mm.
- Wheels: Like the big KTM factory racers, the 65 SX has super lightweight, black anodized, aluminum rims providing highest strength and safety. The OEM knobbly MAXXIS tires grip superbly on any surface.
- Brakes: The 65 SX is fitted front and rear with massive 4 piston calipers that grip lightweight wave brake discs of 198mm front and 160mm rear diameter. The hydraulic brake system is easy to control and ensures the best deceleration and the highest standard when it comes to safety.
- Design: 1-cylinder, 2-stroke engine
- Displacement: 64.9 cm³
- Bore: 45 mm
- Stroke: 40.8 mm
- Starter: Kickstarter
- Transmission: 6-speed
- Primary drive: 23:75
- Secondary gear ratio: 14:48
- Clutch: Wet, multi-disc clutch, Formula hydraulics
- EMS: AET digital
- Frame design: Central-tube frame with double-cradle
- Front suspension: WP-USD, AER 35, Ø 35 mm
- Rear suspension: WP shock absorber
- Suspension travel (front): 215 mm
- Suspension travel (rear): 270 mm
- Front brake: Disc brake
- Rear brake: Disc brake
- Front brake disc diameter: 198 mm
- Rear brake disc diameter: 160 mm
- Chain: 1/2 x 1/4"
- Steering head angle: 64.5 °
- Wheelbase: 1137 ± 10 mm
- Ground clearance: 280 mm
- Seat height: 750 mm
- Tank capacity (approx.): 3.5 l
- Weight READY TO RACE (without fuel): 53 kg
- Engine Type
- 1-cylinder, 2-stroke engine
- 64.9 cm³
- Bore and Stroke
- 45 x 40.8 mm
- Front Suspension
- WP-USD, AER 35, Ø 35 mm
- Front Brakes
- Disc brake
- Rear Suspension
- WP shock absorber
- Rear Brakes
- Disc brake
- Dry Weight
- 53 kg
- Fuel Capacity
- 3.5 L
- 1137 ± 10 mm
- Ground Clearance
- 280 mm
- Seat Height
- 750 mm
- Final Drive
- Chain: 1/2 x 1/4 in.