Inventory Unit Detail
2017 BMW S 1000 R
Is your heartbeat connected directly to the tachometer?
Then the S1000R is the Roadster for you – stripped down to the essential, but maximized for pure riding fun. Its aggressive engine with 165 hp/121 kW will put a smile on your face every time it revs up. And the rich sound of the new HP titanium rear silencer leaves no doubt: that's how life on the fast lane is supposed to sound.
Adrenaline on two wheels. The design.
Some call it naked, we just call it concentrating on the bare essentials. The genes of its sister, the S1000RR, are quite obvious: an aggressive tail-up/nose-down design, a distinctive split-face and characteristic gills. The greatly reduced side trim panel and precise colouring make it clear: the power delivery isn't the only thing here that's pure and uncompromising. Three colours underscore the character of the bike: motorsport, Catalano grey and Racing red/Black storm metallic.
The source of all dynamics: the engine.
The high-performance 4-cylinder in-line engine, just like the rear, stems from the RR. With EU4 and the new noise regulation, its performance has been increased to 165 HP/121 kW. For an extremely linear torque and constant forward propulsion across the entire engine speed range.
E-Gas lets you meter out this power even more precisely. And the race-tested Pro shift assistant lets you shift up and down without using the clutch: for more dynamics and shorter response times – welcome to the borderland.
Room for adjustments. The equipment.
As standard, it offers you two driving modes: Rain and Road. "Rain" provides a gentle throttle response, with ABS and ASC adapted to wet road surfaces. Meanwhile, “Road” optimises throttle response, ABS and ASC for dry asphalt.
Optionally, you can have two additional modes: Dynamic and Dynamic Pro. Then ABS Pro provides you perfect delay even when leaning, DTC, launch control and the pit lane limiter. The Dynamic Pro user mode also allows custom settings. So there is really only one limit: your own personal one.
Uncompromisingly sensible. The individualisation options.
For your insatiable hunger for curves, there are two packages with special accessories. The Sport package lives up to its promises. It provides the Pro shift assistant, cruise control and the Pro driving mode, including the Dynamic and Dynamic Pro modes, DTC, ABS Pro, pit lane limiter and launch control. The Dynamic package, on the other hand, includes the electronic chassis DDC, heated grips, LED turn indicators and the engine spoiler.
And with the HP forged wheels, your bike weighs a whole 2.4 kg less than the series, but has much more character.
- Type: Water/oil-cooled 4-cylinder 4-stroke in-line engine, four valves per cylinder, two overhead camshafts
- Bore x stroke: 80 mm x 49.7 mm
- Capacity: 999 ccm
- Rated output: 165 hp (121 kW) at 11,000 rpm
- Max. torque: 114 Nm at 9,250 rpm
- Compression ratio: 12.1 : 1
- Mixture control / engine management: Electronic injection
- Emission control: Emission standard EU-4, HP Slip on Titanium-Silencer
- Maximum speed: over 125 mph (200 km/h)
- Fuel type: Super (premium) unleaded, octane number 95 - 98 (RON) (knock control; rated output at 98 RON)
- Alternator: 406 W
- Battery: 12 V / 9 Ah, maintenance-free
- Clutch: Multiplate clutch in oil bath, anti-hopping clutch, mechanically controlled
- Gearbox: Constant-mesh 6-speed gearbox, straight-toothed
- Drive: Chain 17/45
- Frame: Aluminum composite bridge frame, partially self-supporting engine
- Front wheel location / suspension: Upside-down telescopic fork Ø 46 mm, compression and rebound stage adjustable
- Rear wheel location / suspension: Aluminum 2-sided swing arm, rebound damping adjustable
- Suspension travel front / rear: 4.7 in. / 4.7 in. (120 mm / 120 mm)
- Wheelbase: 56.7 in. (1,439 mm)
- Castor: 3.9 in. (98.5 mm)
- Steering head angle: 65.2 deg.
- Wheels: Cast aluminum wheels
- Rim, front: 3.50 x 17 in.
- Rim, rear: 6.00 x 17 in.
- Tires, front: 120/70 ZR 17
- Tires, rear: 190/55 ZR 17
- Brake, front: Twin disc brake, floating brake calipers, radial 4-piston fixed caliper, diameter 320 mm, 5 mm thick
- Brake, rear: Single disc brake, single piston floating caliper, diameter 220 mm, 5 mm thick
- ABS: BMW Motorrad Race ABS (part-integral), disengageable
- Length: 81.0 in. (2,057 mm)
- Width (incl. mirrors): 33.3 in. (845 mm)
- Height (excl. mirrors): 48.3 in. (1,228 mm)
- Seat height, unladen weight: 32.0 in. (814 mm)
- Inner leg curve, unladen weight: 71.1 (1,805 mm)
- Unladen weight, road ready, fully fuelled: 205 kg
- Permitted total weight: 897 lb. (407 kg)
- Payload (with standard equipment): 202 kg
- Usable tank volume: 4.6 gal. (17.5 L)
- Reserve: Approx. 1 gal. (4 L)
- Engine Type
- 4-cylinder 4-stroke in-line engine, four valves per cylinder, two overhead camshafts
- 999 ccm
- Bore and Stroke
- 80 mm x 49.7 mm
- Compression Ratio
- 12.1 : 1
- Fuel System
- Electronic injection
- Constant-mesh 6-speed gearbox, straight-toothed
- Final Drive
- Chain 17/45
- Front Suspension
- Upside-down telescopic fork Ø 46 mm, compression and rebound stage adjustable
- Rear Suspension
- Aluminum 2-sided swing arm, rebound damping adjustable
- Front Brakes
- Twin disc brake, floating brake calipers, radial 4-piston fixed caliper, diameter 320 mm, 5 mm thick
- Rear Brakes
- Single disc brake, single piston floating caliper, diameter 220 mm, 5 mm thick
- Front Tire
- 120/70 ZR 17
- Rear Tire
- 190/55 ZR 17
- 56.7 in. (1,439 mm)
- Seat Height
- 32.0 in. (814 mm)
- 3.9 in. (98.5 mm)
- Fuel Capacity
- 4.6 gal. (17.5 L)
- Dry Weight
- Curb Weight: 205 kg
- Catalano Grey, Lupin Blue/Light White/Racing Red, Racing Red/Black Storm Metallic