Inventory Unit Detail
2016 BMW R 1200 RS
Sport Touring is given a new face.
Riding dynamics coupled with touring suitability - at the very highest level: that's the R 1200 RS. With its potent engine and stable suspension, the sports touring bike offers more than just a huge amount of riding pleasure. Thanks to its relaxed, sporty seating position and its perfect wind and weather protection, the bike offers an entirely new ride feel when travelling fast and riding along country roads in sporty style.
Performance meets design.
The modern concept of a dynamic blend of sports and touring motorcycle is demonstrated visually too, by means of a half fairing featuring symmetrical headlamps derived from two generations of the RR. The elegantly shaped handlebar unit with attached forged aluminium section perfectly combines function and ergonomics.
The elegant and fast travel companion.
The new sports touring bike derives its power from an output of 125 bhp delivered by an air/liquid-cooled 2-cylinder 4-stroke boxer engine with two overhead spur gear driven camshafts and a counterbalance shaft. In order to ensure stability on every country road, the highly active, electronically regulated suspension ASC (Automatic Stability Control) is featured as standard. Engine modes "Rain" and "Road" - likewise standard - provide an optimum riding experience.
Equipment and accessories add the perfect finishing touch.
The extensive range of optional equipment goes from saddle bag mounts and luggage rack to cruise control and the convenient "Keyless Ride". The new system saddle bags and the practical top case round off the sports touring bike: perfectly harmonized with the ergonomics and integrated in the motorcycle's overall look as always, they offer a level of travel comfort you would not normally expect of a sports tourer.
- Maximum speed: Over 125 mph
- Fuel consumption per 100 km at constant 90 km/h: 57 mpg at a constant 55 mph
- Fuel type: Premium Unleaded
- Alternator: Three-phase alternator 508 W (nominal power)
- Battery: 12 V / 12 Ah, maintenance-free
- Clutch: oil lubricated clutch, hydraulically operated
- Gearbox: Constant mesh 6-speed gearbox with helical gear teeth
- Drive: Shaft drive
- Frame: Two-section frame consisting of front- and bolted on rear frame, load-bearing engine
- Front wheel location / suspension: Telescopic Upside-Down fork; stanchion diameter 45 mm
- Rear wheel location / suspension: Cast aluminum single-sided swing arm with BMW Motorrad Paralever; WAD strut (travel-related damping), spring pre-load hydraulically adjustable (continuously variable) at handwheel, rebound damping adjustable
- Suspension travel front / rear: 5.5 in / 5.5 in (140 mm / 140 mm)
- Wheelbase: 60.2 in (1,527 mm)
- Castor: 4.5 inch
- Steering head angle: 62.3 deg.
- Wheels: Cast aluminum wheels
- Rim, front: 3.50 x 17 in.
- Rim, rear: 5.50 x 17 in.
- Tires, front: 120/70 ZR 17
- Tires, rear: 180/55 ZR 17
- Brake, front: Dual disc brake, floating brake discs, diameter 320 mm, 4-piston fixed calipers
- Brake, rear: Single disc brake, diameter 276 mm, double-piston floating caliper
- ABS: BMW Motorrad Integral ABS (part-integral), can be switched off)
- Length: 86.7 inch
- Width (incl. mirrors): 36.4 inch
- Height (excl. mirrors): 49.2 inch
- Seat height, unladen weight: 32,3 inch Standard; variable seat heights available between 29,9 and 33 (available as accessories and/or factory options, see an authorized BMW Motorrad dealer)
- Inner leg curve, unladen weight: 72.4 inch Standard; variable inner leg curve (inseam) between 67.7 and 73.8 (seats available as accessories and/or factory options, see an authorized BMW Motorrad dealer)
- Unladen weight, road ready, fully fuelled: 520.3 lb. (236 kg)
- Permitted total weight: 992 lb. (450 kg)
- Payload (with standard equipment): 471.8 (214 kg)
- Usable tank volume: 4.7 gal (18 l)
- Reserve: approx. 1 gal
- Type: Air/liquid-cooled four stroke flat twin engine, double overhead camshaft, one balance shaft
- Bore x stroke: 101 mm x 73 mm
- Capacity: 1,170 cc
- Rated output: 125 hp (92 kW) at 7,750 rpm
- Max. torque: 92 lb-ft (125 Nm) at 6,500 rpm
- Compression ratio: 12.5 : 1
- Mixture control / engine management: Electronic intake pipe injection
- Emission control: Closed-loop 3-way catalytic converter, emission standard EU-3
- Engine Type
- Four stroke flat twin engine, double overhead camshaft, one balance shaft
- 1,170 cc
- Bore and Stroke
- 101 mm x 73 mm
- Compression Ratio
- 12.5 : 1
- Fuel System
- Electronic intake pipe injection
- Front Suspension
- Telescopic Upside-Down fork; stanchion diameter 45 mm
- Rear Suspension
- Cast aluminum single-sided swing arm with BMW Motorrad Paralever; WAD strut (travel-related damping), spring pre-load hydraulically adjustable (continuously variable) at handwheel, rebound damping adjustable
- Front Brakes
- Dual disc brake, floating brake discs, diameter 320 mm, 4-piston fixed calipers
- Rear Brakes
- Single disc brake, diameter 276 mm, double-piston floating caliper
- Front Tire
- 120/70 ZR 17
- Rear Tire
- 180/55 ZR 17
- 60.2 in. (1,527 mm)
- Seat Height
- 32.3 in.; Optional: 29.9 in. - 33 in.
- 4.5 in.
- Fuel Capacity
- 4.7 gal. (18 L)
- 57 mpg at a constant 55 mph
- Dry Weight
- Curb Weight: 520.3 lb. (236 kg)
- Constant mesh 6-speed gearbox with helical gear teeth
- Final Drive
- Shaft drive
- Lupin Blue Metallic, Granite Grey Metallic Matte