Inventory Unit Detail
2009 Kawasaki Vulcan® 500 LTD
Vulcan® 500 LTD
Great entry level bike in great condition. Brand new front and rear tires as well as a fresh carb clean!
Twin-cylinder 498cc Engine
- Compact parallel-twin design based on the NINJA® 500R sportbike engine
- Special cam profiles and ample flywheel weight boost low-end torque
- Keeps operating temperatures consistent, resulting in longer engine life
- Allows tighter engine clearances for quieter running and more power
- Radiator hides between the frame downtubes
Four Valves per Cylinder
- Better flow for more power at high rpm
- Compact combustion chamber for less detonation with today's gasoline
- Augments low-end torque
Automatic Cam Chain Tensioner
- Maintains precise timing without maintenance
- Cam chain runs quietly, reliably
- Reduces engine vibration for a super-smooth ride
- Allows engine's full potential to be utilized
Positive Neutral Finder
- When stopped, just lift the shift pedal from first gear to easily find neutral
32mm CVK Semi-Flat Slide Carburetors
- Quick throttle response
- Precise fuel metering provides uniform power delivery at all engine speeds
- Designed to boost low and mid-range power
- Tuned pipes enhance low-speed pulling power
Single Disc Front Brake
- Single piston pin-slide caliper produces quick, sure stops
Tank-Mounted Speedometer with Turn Signal Indicators and Caution Lamps
- Gives needed information at a glance
- Compact design complements the bike's clean look
- Laid-back riding comfort for two
Chrome-Plated Wire Spoke Wheels
- Narrow 100/90-19 front tire and beefy 140/90-15 rear tire fits the LTD's traditional cruiser styling
- Engine Type: Four-stroke, DOHC, eight-valve parallel twin
- Displacement: 498 cc
- Bore & Stroke: 74.0 x 58.0 mm
- Cooling: Liquid
- Compression Ratio: 10.2:1
- Carburetor: Keihin CVK32 x 2
- Ignition: Digital TCBI
- Transmission: 6-Speed
- Final Drive: O-Ring Chain
- Frame: Double-cradle, steel
- Rake/Trail: 33°/5.9 in.
- Front Suspension / Wheel Travel: 41mm hydraulic fork / 5.9 in.
- Rear Suspension / Wheel Travel: Dual hydraulic shocks with five-way adjustable spring preload / 3.9 in.
- Front Tire Size: 100/90-19
- Rear Tire Size: 140/90-15
- Wheelbase: 62.8 in.
- Front Brake Type: Hydraulic disc
- Rear Brake Type: Mechanical drum
- Fuel Tank Capacity: 4.0 gal.
- Seat Height: 28.1 in.
- Curb Weight: 471.9 lb.
- Overall Length: 91.3 in.
- Overall Width: 32.7 in.
- Overall Height: 44.3 in.
- Ground Clearance: 4.7 in.
- Color: Metallic Imperial Red
- Warranty: 12 months
- Good Times™ Protection Plan: 12, 24, 36 or 48 months
- Engine Type
- Four-stroke, DOHC, eight-valve parallel twin
- 498 cc
- Bore and Stroke
- 74.0 x 58.0 mm
- Compression Ratio
- Fuel System
- Keihin CVK32 x 2
- Digital TCBI
- Front Suspension
- 41 mm hydraulic fork; Travel: 5.9 in.
- Rear Suspension
- Dual hydraulic shocks with five-way adjustable spring preload; Travel: 3.9 in.
- Front Brakes
- Hydraulic disc
- Rear Brakes
- Mechanical drum
- Front Tire
- Rear Tire
- 62.8 in.
- Seat Height
- 28.1 in.
- 5.9 in.
- Fuel Capacity
- 4.0 gal.
- Dry Weight
- 471.9 lbs
- Final Drive
- O-Ring Chain
- Metallic Imperial Red
- Standard: 12 months; Optional: Good Times™ Protection Plan: 12, 24, 36 or 48 months