Inventory Unit Detail
2019 KTM 350 SX-F
Shredding With Nimble Agility: The new KTM 350 SX-F continues to deliver a dominant mix of horsepower and agility. For 2019, it has gained even more performance and torque, bringing it ever closer to the power of a 450, without losing its 250-like agility. When you're looking for more than one advantage, this powerful, lightweight racer combines all your needs into one dominant package with serious championship pedigree to back it up.
- Neatly arranged in a compact and light (26.6kg) construction, the engine of the 2019 KTM 350 SX-F features many new enhancements. A new clutch, improved transmission and a redesigned, lighter DOHC (double overheard camshaft) cylinder head, all contribute to making it stronger than ever before. Fitted with the latest electronic fuel injection system and a useful electric starter, just one push of a button fires up this impressively smooth and competitive engine.
- Cylinder head: The cylinder head features two overhead camshafts with friction-optimized cam followers boasting a DLC coating and high-flow ports. Four lightweight titanium valves maximize the flow rate for an optimal power band and outstanding performance across the seemingly endless rev range of 13,400rpm. Lateral brackets made of aluminum allow an efficient fixation of the engine to the frame and contribute to the bike's featherweight feel.
- Crankshaft: The 350 SX-F's crankshaft utilizes a short connecting rod, which makes for an overall compact and lightweight engine with a snappy power delivery. A plain big-end bearing with two force-fitted bearing shells runs directly on the crank pin. This design is a major prerequisite for the extremely high engine speeds and the unrivaled maximum power of the 350cc engine. Not only that, it also enhances the engine's durability, allowing long crankshaft service intervals - a customer benefit in respect of time, effort and cost.
- Crankcases and engine covers: The design of the die-cast engine cases allows for minimal weight and a very centralized shaft configuration. This makes the engine short and compact, while contributing to an efficient centralization of masses. The engine covers also feature a solid surface structure, which reduces the wear caused by the rider's boots. This way, your SX-F will keep looking better longer.
- Transmission: The engine is fitted with a smooth 5-speed transmission, which features a special surface treatment on the 2nd, 3rd and 4th gears for best reliability. An advanced ´No Dirt´ gear shift lever design prevents mud and sand from blocking the joint of the lever and guarantees trouble-free shifting. All 4-stroke engines are fitted with a gear position sensor, giving the option of different engine characteristics for each gear. For 2018, the transmission shaft gets a new C4 bearing that has a bigger overlap in the case. This guarantees better reliability even at extremely tough operating conditions
- Engine management system: The 350 SX-F is fitted with an electric starter as standard, which is a clear advantage when it comes to crunch time in the heat of battle. A strong starter motor made by Mitsuba and the proven starter drive will fire time and time again at the push of a button.
- Cylinder and piston: Inside the short cylinder, with a bore of 88mm, thumps a box-type piston made by CP. Its crown geometry is adapted perfectly to the high-compression combustion chamber (14:1), where its rigid structure and low weight shine. Thanks to the low oscillating masses, the engine is both snappy and strong.
- Balancer shaft: To balance the mass-forces, the KTM 350 SX-F engine uses a multifunctional balancer shaft, which at the same time drives the water pump and timing chain.
- Clutch: The KTM 350 SX-F employs the KTM-developed CSS clutch (coil spring steel) with a robust steel basket and extremely heat resistant clutch plates and new, nitrated steel liners reducing the wear. Light operation and telepathic amounts of control are standard with this hydraulic Brembo actuated clutch.
- E-Starter: Like all KTM 4-stroke motorcycles, the 350 SX-F is started at the push of a button - a priceless advantage when you're on the clock.
- Handlebar map select switch: All 4-stroke models are equipped with a sophisticated new multi-functional handlebar map select switch, which does three things:Activation of the traction controlActivation of the launch controlSelection of two power curves (Standard or Advanced)The traction control is a unique feature that none of the competitors can offer. It guarantees more efficient traction when the track conditions are less than perfect. Push the button and reign supreme. With this map select switch the rider can also activate the launch control, which provides more efficient starts out of the gate so you can go for the holeshot, time and time again. How? It simply reduces the maximum engine speed for the very first moments of the start, in order to give you better control. Push both buttons when the engine idles and the EFI control lamp mounted on the upper triple clamps will let you know you are READY TO RACE. In addition, the map select switch gives the rider the chance to select an alternative, more powerful map beside the standard configuration. Welcome to the future.
- Exhaust: Competition noise limits are a real challenge for every manufacturer. Therefore, KTM has put a lot of effort into the development of their exhaust systems. All 4-strokes are fitted with headers that have a unique standard feature; an additional resonator system - a small chamber connected to the pipe. All 4-strokes are fitted with a short silencer, mounted as close to the engine as possible. You know what that means: extra mass centralization and better rideability. Its advanced internal design reduces the noise sufficiently in order to sit safely below the noise limit, while still raising the hairs on your neck.
- The KTM 350 SX provides an unrivalled combination of agility and power. The chassis on this model plays an integral role in its renowned maneuverability and also provides accurate feedback between track and rider. For 2019, a new lightweight, high-tech steel frame was developed and has been optimized for more accurate rider feedback. Its refined flex characteristics ensure the bike soaks up those big hits while still delivering excellent agility and high-speed stability. The chassis also features additional innovative elements, like "no dirt" footpegs and new brackets for mounting an optional composite skid plate. Overall, every element of the chassis contributes to an intuitive, high performance ride like no other.
- Frame: The high-tech, lightweight chrome-moly steel frame has a knack for easy handling, outlandish rideability, precise cornering and excellent stability. You can also count on high torsional rigidity and low longitudinal stiffness. This results in better absorption of the energy created from the front and rear suspension, sucking up jumps and bumps. In short: more comfort and less rider fatigue. Laterally attached, lightweight aluminum engine head stays (the connection between cylinder head and frame) contribute to more precise cornering and a reduced vibration level. The engineers were able to pull off all that, while making their frame 2.2 pounds lighter than that of the lightest competitor on the market. In addition, it is easier to maintain, easier to work on and supplies more space for the tank and other components. The bike also features an extra-light subframe made of aluminum, which tips the scales at less than 2 pounds.
- Swingarm: The cast aluminum design offers low weight and a perfect flex behavior. The single-component casting process eliminates any inconsistencies and inherent weak points created by welding. It's better looking too.
- Wheels: Featuring lightweight, CNC machined hubs and high-end Excel rims, they guarantee maximum stability and minimal unsprung weight. The wheels are shod with the latest Dunlop Geomax MX 3S tires.
- Front suspension: All full-size SX models are fitted with the super-lightweight WP AER 48 front fork. It is a 48 mm USD air-sprung fork with separate functions for each fork leg, meaning damping functions are on the right side and the air spring is on the left. The left leg features a two-chamber system with a capsuled air cartridge, helping prevent loss of air pressure. Essentially, this means that in the rare case of a leaking outer seal, the internal cartridge pressure keeps the bike in a normal position. The air spring is exceptionally easy to use and can be adjusted to any rider weight via a single air valve and the air pump that is supplied with the bike. The right fork leg integrates a damping cartridge to fit single damping leg requirements and can be adjusted to the track conditions and the rider's preferences. (compression from top, rebound from bottom, 30 clicks each). For 2019, new settings on the damping side have improved the damping characteristics, providing great front end feel and control.
- Rear suspension: The WP shock absorber has been developed with the entire frame and swingarm architecture in mind, including the linkage and the WP AER 48 front fork. It features machined and black anodized components and is a valuable, high-end product compared to roughcast reservoirs. A new, confidence inspiring setting with improved damping characteristics perfectly matches the front-end setup and its striking WP color scheme lets everyone know you have excellent taste in suspension.
- Triple clamp: Top quality, CNC machined triple clamps have been a KTM trademark for years to ensure precise handling. For 2017, the upper triple clamp specifically features a redesign in conjunction with the new fork tubes. The rubber damped handlebar mount has also been reworked and the lower handlebar clamps are now separated, while on the upper side a new bridge-type clamp guarantees more torsional stiffness and can easily be replaced in case it gets twisted due to a crash. In addition, an hour meter is fitted at the upper triple clamp in order to let the rider know it's time for a service.
- Brakes: You can't brake any harder, better, faster or stronger. These high-tech Brembo babies are combined with lightweight wave discs made by Galfer. For 2017, the rear brake features a 10mm longer brake pedal and you get new, less aggressive brake pads all round.
- Fuel tank: A lightweight polyethylene tank with a capacity of 1.85 gallons. The fuel tank cap has an inside thread, which makes for easy and reliable closure.
- Airbox: The airbox design offers maximum protection of the air filter while ensuring maximum airflow. The large twin-air filter is mounted in a stiff cage, which at the same time holds the system in place. This design is so simple, you could still pop a fresh one in with a face full of mud. Without tools. In seconds.
- A rider's ability to work together with the bike depends on how quickly and easily he can maneuver around his motorcycle. In order to ensure optimal rider control, KTM has focused extensively on the best ergonomics for high-level performance. The neutral riding position is comfortable and, through various handlebar positions, can also be adjusted to suit every rider and condition. A rider's main interaction with the motorcycle comes through the bodywork, seat, footpegs and handlebars and these crucial contact points play a vital role in a rider's ability to maintain balance and control. When it comes to ergonomics, KTM chose to use only the best quality products, ensuring the KTM 350 SX-F, as well as the entire SX range, provide unrivalled feeling and control out on the track.
- Seat: All SX models have a newly shaped seat, designed to match the improved ergonomics. The seat cover features newly developed silicone strips that provide better feel and grip for the rider. The seat is conveniently fixed to the bike using one long, lateral screw, making it safe and easy to handle.
- Handlebar: KTM engineers sure know how to handle handlebars. This tapered one, made of high-strength aluminum by NEKEN, is fixed in damped rubber mounts and has two different positions. From 2017 onwards, the lower handlebar clamps are separated, while on the upper side a new bridge-type clamp guarantees more torsional stiffness. It's also easier to replace the bar in case it gets twisted in a nasty crash. ODI lock-on grips make grip changes easy which does not require any wire or glue to be secured.
- Footpegs: Sophisticated ´No Dirt´ footpegs prevent clogging of the footpeg pivot, even when digging in deep ruts. Looking for a higher riding position? Then just mount the footpegs of the 2018 EXC models, which are 6mm higher than the SX versions.
- The KTM 350 SX-F is a standout performer that has already made a huge impact in the industry. However, with the help of KTM's factory riders, as well as KTM R&D and Kiska Design, the new bodywork on this radical machine makes an even bigger statement than before. The new design features on all the 2019 SX models and achieves complete harmony between rider and bike, down to the finest details. The designer's main goal was to provide the perfect contact points for the rider to enjoy maximum freedom of movement and improved handling. The I-beam design for the front and rear fenders are prime examples of the intelligent design that appears in every element of the bodywork, guaranteeing maximum stability at the lowest possible weight. Simply riding a KTM 350 SX-F attracts the attention of onlookers, but the new graphics definitely makes them turn for a second look.
- Decals: New graphics convey the READY TO RACE character of the 2017 SX-F model line.
- The KTM 350 SX-F is a revolutionary motorcycle at the forefront of progression in motocross. It features innovative electronics that help to refine its incredible power-toweight ratio, maximizing power delivery. Activated by a multifunctional handlebar map switch, a rider has instant access to traction control, launch control and even alternative power curves. KTM's engineers have spent many hours pushing the extremes of performance, making electronics a necessary innovation that ensures the most effective power delivery. KTM SX-F models also have the advantages of a proven electric starter. Just one simple push of a button and you're READY TO RACE.
- Battery & wiring harness: A strong new lithium ion battery breathes life into the engine and contributes to low vehicle weight. The lightweight battery and wiring harness are centralized in a compartment above the air filter box, allowing the mechanic to remove the subframe without moving the electronics. A happy mechanic is a good mechanic.
- Design: 1-cylinder, 4-stroke engine
- Displacement: 349.7 cm³
- Bore: 88 mm
- Stroke: 57.5 mm
- Starter: Electric starter
- Transmission: 5-speed
- Clutch: Wet, DDS multi-disc clutch, Brembo hydraulics
- EMS: Keihin EMS
- Frame design: 25CrMo4 steel central-tube frame
- Front suspension: WP-USD, AER 48, Ø 48 mm
- Rear suspension: WP shock absorber with linkage
- Front brake: Disc brake
- Rear brake: Disc brake
- Front brake disc diameter: 260 mm
- Rear brake disc diameter: 220 mm
- Chain: 5/8 x 1/4"
- Steering head angle: 63.9 °
- Engine Type
- 1-cylinder, 4-stroke
- 349.7 cm³
- Bore and Stroke
- 88 mm x 57.5 mm
- Fuel System
- Keihin EMS
- Front Suspension
- WP-USD, AER 48, Ø 48 mm
- Front Brakes
- Disc brake
- Rear Suspension
- WP shock absorber with linkage
- Rear Brakes
- Disc brake
- Final Drive
- Chain: 5/8 x 1/4 in.