Inventory Unit Detail
2019 BMW S 1000 R
The BMW S 1000 R.
If your heartbeat races in proportion to the tachometer, then the S 1000 R is the Roadster for you. It's stripped down to the essentials but maximized for pure riding pleasure. Its aggressive engine with its 165 hp will put a smile on your face every time it revs up. The rich sound of the new standard HP titanium rear exhaust leaves no doubt: That's how life in the fast lane sounds.
- Prominent "R" logo: Underlines the leading position of the S 1000 R in the dynamic roadster segment.
- Distinctive front: The asymmetrical headlamp arrangement makes the RR's DNA easy to recognize.
- Multifunctional instrument cluster: With round speedometer, indicator lamps and a large, easy to read LCD display.
- Reduced side trim: The reduced and dynamic trim supports the sporty and aggressive design.
- Light aluminum tank: Made of aluminum, the slim fuel tank reduces the overall weight.
- Optional Gear Shift Assist Pro: Ensures dynamically quick shifting.
- High-performance brakes: For outstanding braking performance and braking safety.
- HP titanium rear exhaust as standard: The HP rear exhaust made of titanium and fitted as standard provides a powerful sound.
- Type: Liquid-cooled 4-stroke in-line 4-cylinder engine, four valves per cylinder, double overhead camshafts, wet sump lubrication
- Bore x stroke: 80 mm x 49.7 mm
- Capacity: 999 cc
- Rated output: 165 hp (121 kW) at 11,000 rpm
- Max. torque: 84 lb-ft (114 Nm) at 9,250 rpm
- Compression ratio: 12.1 : 1
- Mixture control / engine management: Electronic fuel injection with ride-by-wire throttle system and knock sensor
- Emission control: Closed-loop 3-way catalytic converter, emission standard EU-4, with titanium silencer
- Maximum speed: Over 125 mph
- Fuel consumption: 35 mpg (WMTC)
- Fuel type: Premium Unleaded
- Alternator: Three-phase 406 W generator
- Battery: 12 V / 9 Ah, maintenance-free
- Clutch: Multi-disc clutch in oil bath, anti-hopping clutch, mechanically operated
- Gearbox: Constant-mesh 6-speed gearbox with straight cut gears
- Drive: Chain 2.647:1
- Frame: Aluminum composite bridge frame, partially self-supporting engine
- Front wheel location / suspension: Upside-down telescopic fork Ø 46 mm, compression and rebound stage adjustable
- Rear wheel location / suspension: Aluminum 2-sided swing arm, rebound damping adjustable
- Suspension travel front / rear: 4.7" / 4.7" (120 mm / 120 mm)
- Wheelbase: 56.7" (1,439 mm)
- Castor: 3.9" (98.5 mm)
- Steering head angle: 65.2°
- Wheels: Cast aluminum wheels
- Rim, front: 3.50 x 17"
- Rim, rear: 6.00 x 17"
- Tires, front: 120/70 ZR 17
- Tires, rear: 190/55 ZR 17
- Brake, front: Dual floating disc brakes, 4-piston fixed calipers, diameter 320 mm
- Brake, rear: Single disc brake, diameter 220 mm, single piston floating caliper
- ABS: BMW Motorrad Race ABS (part-integral, can be switched off)
- Length: 81.0" (2,057 mm)
- Width (incl. mirrors): 33.3" (845 mm)
- Height (excl. mirrors): 48.3" (1,228 mm)
- Seat height, unladen weight: Standard Seat: 32", Comfort Seat: 33.1"
- Inner leg curve, unladen weight: Standard Seat: 71.1", Comfort Seat: 73.4"
- Unladen weight, road ready, fully fueled: 452 lbs (205 kg)
- Permitted total weight: 897 lbs (407 kg)
- Payload (with standard equipment): 445 lbs (202 kg)
- Usable tank volume: 4.6 gal (17.5 l)
- Reserve: Approx. 1 gal (4 l)
- 2 Ride Modes (Rain/Road)
- Adjustable Rear Shock Absorber Rebound
- ABS (Disengageable)
- Anti-Hopping Clutch
- ASC (Disengageable)
- Drop Sensor
- LED Tail Light
- Upside-Down Forks with Adjustable Compression/Rebound Damping
- HP Titanium Slip-On Exhaust
- Engine Type
- 4-stroke in-line 4-cylinder engine
- 999 cc
- Bore and Stroke
- 80 mm x 49.7 mm
- Compression Ratio
- 12.1 : 1
- Constant-mesh 6-speed gearbox with straight cut gears
- Final Drive
- Chain 2.647:1
- Front Suspension
- Upside-down telescopic fork Ø 46 mm, compression and rebound stage adjustable
- Rear Suspension
- Aluminum 2-sided swing arm, rebound damping adjustable
- Front Brakes
- Dual floating disc brakes, 4-piston fixed calipers, diameter 320 mm
- Rear Brakes
- Single disc brake, diameter 220 mm, single piston floating caliper
- Front Tire
- 120/70 ZR 17
- Rear Tire
- 190/55 ZR 17
- 56.7 in. (1,439 mm)
- Seat Height
- Standard Seat: 32 in., Comfort Seat: 33.1 in.
- Fuel Capacity
- 4.6 gal. (17.5 L)
- Dry Weight
- Curb Weight: 452 lb. (205 kg)
- Light White/Racing Blue Metallic/Racing Red