Inventory Unit Detail
2018 BMW S 1000 XR
XR: a cross between an enduro and a sports bike.
Here's the perfect BMW motorcycle for all those who want the dynamic performance of a sports motorcycle, the versatility of an enduro and the comfort of a touring bike. The new S1000XR combines the very best of these worlds to create something completely new: the first ever adventure sports bike made by BMW Motorrad; perfect for everyone in search of sporty flair that knows no bounds.
Hot fusion. The design.
The S1000XR is exceptional - and that's exactly what it looks like. As a synthesis of sports and enduro it unites the power of the S1000R with the upright seating position of the GS. No matter where you go on the XR: all eyes will be on you.
The best of both worlds: the technology.
As a cross between an adventure bike and a sports bike, the S1000XR draws on the full range of experience BMW Motorrad has in these categories. The sports engine of the S1000R with its 160 bhp at 11,000 rpm is combined with the seating concept of the GS series to create a motorcycle that is at home in the threshold range - on every road.
Absolutely unique: fittings and accessories.
As an adventure sports bike, the S1000XR is highly versatile by its very nature and it can be perfectly adapted to the rider's individual preferences with optional extras. The HP Shift Assistant Pro minimizes clutch use between setting off and stopping, making every gear shift faster and easier. Electronic suspension control via Dynamic ESA ensures optimum suspension performance. For those who want to get the very most out of their bike will opt for the Pro riding modes - available from BMW Motorrad for the first time - with two highly dynamic set-ups plus ABS Pro for maximum braking safety in the curves.
All this makes the new S1000XR the pioneer in a new category of BMW motorcycle: dynamic, elegant and comfortable in equal parts - a genuine adventure sports bike.
- Type: Water/oil-cooled 4-cylinder 4-stroke in-line engine, four valves per cylinder, two overhead camshafts
- Bore x stroke: 80 mm x 49.7 mm
- Capacity: 999 ccm
- Rated output: 160 hp (118 kW) at 11,000 rpm
- Max. torque: 83 lb-ft (112 Nm) at 9,250 rpm
- Compression ratio: 12.0 : 1
- Mixture control / engine management: Electronic injection
- Emission control: Closed-loop 3-way catalytic converters, with interference pipe
- Maximum speed: Over 125 mph (200 km/h)
- Fuel type: Super (premium) unleaded, octane number 95 - 98 (RON) (knock control; rated output at 98 RON)
- Alternator: 486 W
- Battery: 12 V / 8 Ah, maintenance-free
- Clutch: Multiplate clutch in oil bath, anti-hopping clutch, mechanically controlled
- Gearbox: Constant-mesh 6-speed gearbox, straight-toothed
- Drive: Chain 17/45
- Frame: Aluminum composite bridge frame, partially self-supporting engine
- Front wheel location / suspension: Upside-down telescopic fork Ø 46 mm, compression and rebound stage adjustable
- Rear wheel location / suspension: Aluminum 2-sided swing arm, rebound damping adjustable
- Suspension travel front / rear: 5.9 in / 5.5 in (150 mm / 140 mm)
- Wheelbase: 61.0 in (1,548 mm)
- Castor: 4.6 in (117 mm)
- Steering head angle: 64.5 deg.
- Wheels: Cast aluminum wheels
- Rim, front: 3.50 x 17 in.
- Rim, rear: 6.00 x 17 in.
- Tires, front: 120/70 ZR 17
- Tires, rear: 190/55 ZR 17
- Brake, front: Twin disc brake, floating brake calipers, radial 4-piston fixed caliper, diameter 320 mm
- Brake, rear: Single disc brake, 2- piston floating caliper, diameter 265 mm
- ABS: BMW Motorrad Race ABS (part-integral), disengageable
- Length: 86.0 in (2,183 mm)
- Width (incl. mirrors): 37.0 in (940 mm)
- Height (excl. mirrors): 55.5 in (1,408 mm)
- Seat height, unladen weight: 33.1 in (840 mm)
- Inner leg curve, unladen weight: 74.6 in (1,894 mm)
- Unladen weight, road ready, fully fuelled: 502 lb. (228 kg)
- Permitted total weight: 955 lb. (434 kg)
- Payload (with standard equipment): 453 lb. (206 kg)
- Usable tank volume: 5.2 gal (20 l)
- Reserve: approx. 1 gal (4 l)
- Engine Type
- 4-cylinder 4-stroke in-line engine, four valves per cylinder, two overhead camshafts
- 999 ccm
- Bore and Stroke
- 80 mm x 49.7 mm
- Compression Ratio
- 12.0 : 1
- Fuel System
- Electronic injection
- Constant-mesh 6-speed gearbox, straight-toothed
- Final Drive
- Chain 17/45
- Front Suspension
- Upside-down telescopic fork Ø 46 mm, compression and rebound stage adjustable
- Rear Suspension
- Aluminum 2-sided swing arm, rebound damping adjustable
- Front Brakes
- Twin disc brake, floating brake calipers, radial 4-piston fixed caliper, diameter 320 mm
- Rear Brakes
- Single disc brake, 2- piston floating caliper, diameter 265 mm
- Front Tire
- 120/70 ZR 17
- Rear Tire
- 190/55 ZR 17
- 61.0 in. (1,548 mm)
- Seat Height
- 33.1 in. (840 mm)
- 4.6 in. (117 mm)
- Fuel Capacity
- 5.2 gal. (20 L)
- Dry Weight
- Curb Weight: 502 lb. (228 kg)
- Racing Red, Ocean Blue Metallic Matt, Light White/Racing Blue Metallic/Racing Red