Inventory Unit Detail
2018 BMW R nineT w/ $500 Wagner Parts/Accessories Credit
The BMW R nineT.
Unmistakable. Original. Air-cooled.
Motorcycling as a sign of pure freedom: landscape, corners, straights. Every mile counts. This is precisely your path. The R nineT is the perfect companion and knows hardly any limits when it comes to your personal fulfillment thanks to its countless customization possibilities. The character of its air-cooled boxer engine, combined with its state-of-the-art technology, irresistibly propels you forward in a way that can be clearly felt with its full torque curve. Right from the start, the R nineT has enthralled, inspired and stimulated motorcycling enthusiasts around the world.
Unmistakably the R nineT.
The R nineT has a reduced style but nevertheless a completely unmistakable presence. It embodies the passion and innovation that BMW Motorrad has put into motorcycle construction over the last 90 years. Built with an immense attention to detail, all materials are consistently high quality with classic BMW Motorrad proportions: striking boxer engine, compact tank and slim rear. The fender for instance is attached to the forks using two forged brackets. And the headlamp holder is made out of aluminum.
A boxer classic.
Its powerful air-cooled, two-cylinder boxer engine features a capacity of 1170 cc and 110 hp (81 kW) of output for a highly dynamic power delivery, even at low speeds. The result: whether you’re in the city or on the country road, every journey is a special experience. The standard BMW Motorrad ABS and optional automatic stability control (ASC) allow you to safely bring the unmistakable dynamic riding characteristics to the road. The upside-down forks are compression and rebound adjustable to suit your riding style. The newly designed speedometer and rev counter informs you reliably about everything you need to know besides the riding enjoyment.
Relaxed seating, stress-free riding.
The ergonomics of the R nineT are aligned entirely in keeping with its casual overall look and its dynamic riding characteristics. It almost sounds like a paradox, but despite its engine performance, the target here is fullest riding pleasure with relaxed deceleration. The balanced ergonomic triangle and the still somewhat flatter steering head angle allow you to discover new routes while maintaining an upright, relaxed seating position. Outstanding ergonomics and riding characteristics literally go hand in hand with the R nineT.
Born to be customized.
The focus when developing the R nineT was its modular concept for the highest degree of customization possibilities. Countless professional and private modifications prove how much potential the R nineT has in this area. Accessible electronics are arranged in a way that facilitates the installation of electric components and the end piece of the rear frame can be easily detached to accommodate a single seat. To give your R nineT a new look, there are also other tank variants available: the brushed aluminum fuel tank with visible or sanded welds, for instance, can be combined with the two-part standard rider's seat. You can also replace the rear seat with an aluminum seat hump.
The two special finishes Black Storm Metallic / Vintage and Blue Planet Metallic / Aluminum are now also available. In these models, the tank and seat hump have an aluminum finish and front wheel cover in your chosen color. These special finishes give your bike an individualized look with hand-brushed and clear-lacquered surfaces. The HP sports silencer which is available as an optional accessory, can be positioned either high or low for a remarkable appearance through and through. The optional extra accessories, like the hand grips, are just as impressive. The R nineT is even ready for expressive optional accessories like our new Machined parts: cylinder head covers, a headlamp ring or engine cover. With the R nineT, you not only get the most out of your ride, but out of your machine as well.
- Type: Air/oil-cooled 4-stroke flat twin engine with balancer shaft, four valves per cylinder, double overhead camshaft, wet sump lubrication
- Bore x stroke: 101 mm x 73 mm
- Capacity: 1,170 cc
- Rated output: 110 hp (81 kW) at 7,550 rpm
- Max. torque: 86 lb-ft (116 Nm) at 6,000 rpm
- Compression ratio: 12.0 : 1
- Mixture control / engine management: Electronic fuel injection
- Emission control: Closed-loop 3-way catalytic converter, exhaust emission standards EU-4
- Maximum speed: Over 125 mph (200 km/h)
- Fuel type: Premium Unleaded
- Alternator: Three-phase 720 W alternator
- Battery: 12 V / 14 Ah, maintenance-free
- Clutch: Single dry plate clutch, hydraulically operated
- Gearbox: Constant-mesh 6-speed gearbox with helical cut gears
- Drive: Shaft drive
- Frame: Four-part frame consisting of front frame and three-part rear frame, load-bearing engine-gearbox unit, removable rear-seat frame for single seat use.
- Front wheel location / suspension: Upside-down telescopic forks, 46 mm fixed-fork-tube diameter
- Rear wheel location / suspension: Cast aluminum single-sided swing arm with BMW Paralever; central spring strut, spring pre-load hydraulically adjustable (continuously variable) at handwheel, rebound damping adjustable
- Suspension travel front / rear: 4.7 in. / 4.7 in. (120 mm / 120 mm)
- Wheelbase: 58.5 in. (1,487 mm)
- Castor: 4.2 in. (107.9 mm)
- Steering head angle: 63.2 deg.
- Wheels: Wire spoke wheels
- Rim, front: 3.50 x 17 in.
- Rim, rear: 5.50 x 17 in.
- Tires, front: 120/70 ZR 17
- Tires, rear: 180/55 ZR 17
- Brake, front: Dual floating disc brakes, 4-piston fixed calipers, diameter 320 mm
- Brake, rear: Single disc brake, diameter 265 mm, double-piston floating caliper
- ABS: BMW Motorrad ABS
- Length: 83.1 in. (2,110 mm)
- Width (incl. mirrors): 35.5 in. (900 mm)
- Height (excl. mirrors): 48.8 in. (1,240 mm)
- Seat height, unladen weight: 31.7 in. (805 mm) Standard; Custom front-seat 31.3 in. (795 mm - available as an accessory; see an authorized BMW Motorrad dealer)
- Inner leg curve, unladen weight: 70.7 in. (1,795 mm) Standard; Custom front-seat 69.9 in. (1,775 mm - available as an accessory; see an authorized BMW Motorrad dealer)
- Unladen weight, road ready, fully fueled: 489 lb. (222 kg)
- Permitted total weight: 948 lb. (430 kg)
- Payload (with standard equipment): 459 lb. (208 kg)
- Usable tank volume: 4.4 gal. (17 L)
- Reserve: Approx. 0.8 gal. (3 L)
- Engine Type
- 4-stroke flat twin engine with balancer shaft, four valves per cylinder, double overhead camshaft, wet sump lubrication
- 1,170 cc
- Bore and Stroke
- 101 mm x 73 mm
- Compression Ratio
- 12.0 : 1
- Fuel System
- Electronic fuel injection
- Constant-mesh 6-speed gearbox with helical cut gears
- Final Drive
- Shaft drive
- Front Suspension
- Upside-down telescopic forks, 46 mm fixed-fork-tube diameter
- Rear Suspension
- Cast aluminum single-sided swing arm with BMW Paralever; central spring strut, spring pre-load hydraulically adjustable (continuously variable) at handwheel, rebound damping adjustable
- Front Brakes
- Dual floating disc brakes, 4-piston fixed calipers, diameter 320 mm
- Rear Brakes
- Single disc brake, diameter 265 mm, double-piston floating caliper
- Front Tire
- 120/70 ZR 17
- Rear Tire
- 180/55 ZR 17
- 58.5 in. (1,487 mm)
- Seat Height
- 31.7 in. (805 mm)
- Fuel Capacity
- 4.4 gal. (17 L)
- Dry Weight
- Curb Weight: 489 lb. (222 kg)
- Black Storm Metallic, Alu Tank With Seam, Alu Tank Without Seam, Black Storm Metallic/Vintage, Blue Planet Metallic/Aluminum