Inventory Unit Detail
2017 KTM RC 390
A sports bike in its purest form. Reduced to the essentials. Agile, fast, suitable for A2 driving license and extremely sporty. Whether you are on country roads or the racetrack, the Moto3 genes are perceptible in every manoeuvre and convey pure race feeling. The handling – simply spectacular. The performance – incredible. The power – awesome.
- Seat: The two-part seat offers first class supersport ergonomics with perfect support for rider and pillion. With a seat height of 820mm enables the rider to have a secure stand while also being high enough for sporty use and real big-bike feeling.
- Handlebar: The clip on handlebars and switches contribute to a sporty and aggressive riding position combined with advanced control.
- Fuel tank: A steel fuel tank with 10l capacity (including 1,5l reserve) has been developed for the RC, perfectly matching the supersport style and vehicle design, together with rider ergonomics. Thanks to the economic engine, the RC achieves even in the sportiest manner of riding a considerable range.
- Windshield: The advanced design windshield in combination with the aerodynamic optimized motorcycle front ensures incredible wind protection for rider’s chest and arms.
- Bodywork: The brand new bodywork, footrests and pedals not only provide a unique supersport look but also help the RC to master extreme cornering by allowing a greater leaning angle.
- Headlight: The twin headlight opens a new direction for KTM style and perfectly matches with the racing supersport look of RC.
- Integrated blinkers: As a special feature, the RC incorporates blinkers into the mirror structure, which not only look sporty but also contribute to the perfect aerodynamics.
- Thin tail: Fitting perfectly into the pure racing look, the number plate holder rounds KTM’s high performance bike off.
- Engine: The state-of-the-art, liquid cooled, single-cylinder, four-stroke 375ccm engine with twin overhead camshafts, four valves and electronic fuel injection, already equipped in the Duke 390 provides outstanding power and thanks to the balancer shaft, delivers the highest level of smoothness. Because of the KTM-typical compact design with stacked transmission shafts the engine has an unbelievable low weight of 36kg. Combine that with technical details like a forged piston, Nikasil-cylinder-coating and forced feed lubrication with power-promoting body-evacuation and you get an engine which provides a remarkable 44hp. The engine is equipped with an electric starter powered by a 12V/8Ah battery.
- Triple clamps: The forged aluminum triple clamps are eye-catchers and together with the clip on handlebars guarantee a pure supersport racing feeling.
- Brakes: KTM in cooperation with Brembo developed a powerful, excellent to dose brake-system which allows the rider to be always in full control of the RC. A four piston radially bolted caliper in combination with a single brake disk (300mm diameter) in the front and a single piston floating caliper with a single brake disk (230mm diameter) for the rear wheel guarantee excellent breaking reaction even in the sportiest manner of riding.
- Pillion ride seat: In order to make no compromises in terms of supersport look the KTM engineers integrated the pillion seat into the bodywork lines so that it looks like a real racing bike tail, but ensuring excellent comfort for the passenger.
- Standard ABS: ABS is equipped as standard on every RC 390, ensuring maximum safe on any road condition. When taking the RC to the racetrack ABS is of course disengageable.
- Wheels: Equally lightweight as stable, the 17in orange painted cast light alloy wheels are fitted with grippy Metzeler tires - 110 mm wide at the front and an impressive 150 mm at the rear. The tires impress with tremendous grip in both wet and dry conditions, as well as providing supreme durability.
- A2 license: With a power/weight ratio of 0,2kW/kg RC390 is right at the limit of the new A2 driver´s license, making the new KTM RC390 the sportiest option for A2 riders.
- Frame: Visually similar to the lightweight and approved Duke steel trellis frame, the orange painted frame has been modified to better fit the supersport ergonomics and dynamics. The increase of the steering head angle to 66,5 degrees results in a shorter trail, shorter wheelbase and increased ground clearance. All these modifications release the complete racing potential of the RC and guarantee quick, agile and playful handling.
- Swingarm: The light alloy swingarm with directly linked WP shock absorber excels by providing extreme torsional stiffness and outstanding tracking stability.
- Telescopic fork: The KTM RC 390 high-quality upside-down fork from WP Suspension has the same 43 mm outer tube diameter as the RC8 R – in other words: real racing equipment that guarantees highest levels of stability and precision.
- Instrument: The 100% digital LCD display has everything you could expect from a state of the art KTM motorcycle, including engaged gear, fuel gauge and service reminder information. Just like supersport racing machines an RPM alert indicates when is the best moment for shifting up.
- Design: 1-cylinder, 4-stroke engine
- Displacement: 373.2 cm³
- Bore: 89 mm
- Stroke: 60 mm
- Power in KW: 32 kW
- Starter: Electric starter
- Lubrication: Semi-dry sump
- Transmission: 6-speed
- Primary drive: 30:80
- Secondary gear ratio: 15:45
- Cooling: Liquid cooled
- Clutch: PASC™ antihopping clutch, mechanically operated
- EMS: Bosch EMS with RBW
- Frame design: Steel trellis frame, powder coated
- Front suspension: WP upside-down Ø 43 mm
- Rear suspension: WP monoshock
- Suspension travel (front): 125 mm
- Suspension travel (rear): 150 mm
- Front brake: Four-piston radial fixed caliper, brake disc
- Rear brake: Single-piston floating caliper, brake disc
- Front brake disc diameter: 300 mm
- Rear brake disc diameter: 230 mm
- ABS: Bosch 9MB two-channel ABS
- Chain: X-Ring 5/8 x 1/4 in.
- Steering head angle: 66.5 deg.
- Wheelbase: 1340 ± 15 mm
- Ground clearance: 178.5 mm
- Seat height: 820 mm
- Tank capacity (approx.): 10 L
- Engine Type
- 1-cylinder, 4-stroke engine
- 373.2 cm³
- Bore and Stroke
- 89 x 60 mm
- Final Drive
- X-Ring 5/8 x 1/4 in.
- Front Suspension
- WP upside-down Ø 43 mm
- Rear Suspension
- WP monoshock
- Front Brakes
- Four-piston radial fixed caliper, brake disc
- Rear Brakes
- Single-piston floating caliper, brake disc
- 1340 ± 15 mm
- Seat Height
- 820 mm
- Fuel Capacity
- 10 L