Inventory Unit Detail
2016 Harley-Davidson® XL1200C 1200 Custom
Sale: Save $800.00 now until 7/31/2019
XL1200C 1200 Custom
The 2016 Harley-Davidson Sportster 1200 Custom model comes with the 1200cc Evolution V-Twin engine that is air cooled, chrome five spoke cast wheels, LED rear light, and can be made custom just for you online. The electrical system has been cleaned up and simplified, has a closed loop exhaust system, and runs on Michelin Scorcher Tires for increased handling. The 2016 Harley-Davidson Sportster 1200 Custom model has also been equipped with a new more comfortable seat, a pullback handlebar and forward mounted controls all giving you a wide open comfortable feel.
Nice clean low mileage bike, comes with quick release passenger backrest and luggage rack. Financing available!
Nice clean low mileage bike, comes with quick release passenger backrest and luggage rack. Financing available!
There’s an all-new seat. A ground-devouring new suspension. Putting 1200cc of H-D® low-end torque to the pavement never felt better.
- Yeah, it’s got some bright work: Those who like it can rest assured, there is chrome in the Harley-Davidson® Sportster® arsenal. The Sportster® 1200 has plenty of shine to highlight its street brawling attitude. You’ve got 1200 cc of world famous H-D® low-end torque to motivate you down the asphalt. A comfortable new seat and a new suspension to make it all feel just right. And classic custom detailing. On any street in the word, this machine truly shines.
- Authentic Styling: When the first Sportster motorcycle roared onto the scene in 1957 the world had never seen anything like it. Rawboned, powerful and looking for action. The styling cues that lit up the street in those early years would soon become a part of everything from race bikes to outlaw choppers as they spread throughout the motorcycling world. Take a look at the offering for 2016 and one thing becomes instantly clear. The best way to get the style that made the Sportster motorcycle famous is to get a Sportster motorcycle of your own. The narrow frame is more agile than ever. The rumbling V-Twin and muscular front end feel more powerful than ever. The flawless steel and jewel-like fuel tank reveal their authentic American motorcycle roots in every inch of detail.
- Iconic Engine: The Evolution engine riding in the nimble Sportster frame is a prime example of the power, durability and proven reliability The Motor Company was built on. Born from the legendary Shovelhead and Ironhead engines, it’s been the power at the center of a Sportster motorcycle since 1984. Its overhead valve design and four-cam gear train have their roots in the company’s race program, and you know it when you feel the surge of brute torque that accompanies every twist of the throttle. The air-cooled V-Twin design with a compact one-piece crankcase/transmission fits the narrow Sportster profile like a fist in a fingerless glove. We began with a strong, trouble-free design. Then gave it constant refinement to bring us to the modern powerplant of today. A testament to the unwavering hunger for advancement in motor technology that has always driven Harley-Davidson.
- Technology: What the eye sees and the rider feels on a Sportster motorcycle goes deep beneath the surface. Which is where you’ll find some our latest technology hard at work. The immaculate styling is due in part to an integrated electrical system that reduces wiring harnesses, switches, relays and fuses. The new seats throughout the Sportster line are built out of 21 century materials to feel plush and look minimalist at the same time. The new suspension systems are a marvel, with cartridge damping up front and an adjustable cartridge emulsion system in back. The one thing you won’t find on a Sportster motorcycle is any gizmos. Technology is there for one reason and one reason only. To make the motorcycle even more honest, enduring and satisfying for the rider.
- Handling: The street is the home turf of the Sportster motorcycle, and a narrow, agile frame wrapped around a strong V-Twin engine has always been its calling card. To see how far we’ve taken this basic equation, get in the saddle of any 2016 Sportster model. Trust us, the list of constant innovations and refinements you experience on the Sportster motorcycle of today is more than you want to read about here. The latest innovation is a complete new suspension on every model, with cartridge emulsion rear shocks and a screw adjuster to further dial in the handling. It all feels tight and right, bringing confidence to the ride and a grin to the rider. Whether you’re rocketing to the next stoplight, threading through the urban grid, or busting out of the city limits to parts unknown.
- Comfort: You might look at the raw-boned style of a Sportster motorcycle and not immediately think of comfort. That would be a mistake. Sink into the seat of any 2016 Sportster model and you discover a premium ride hidden under all the lean and mean styling. The engine is rubber-mounted to the frame, so you feel all the power of an Evolution V-Twin but none of the vibrations. The handlebar hits your fists and the pegs hit your boots just the way they should. Even better, we’ve made improving comfort for the Sportster rider our marching orders for 2016. There are new seats and suspensions throughout the line. There’s even a wrench tucked inside the seat to adjust the rear suspension exactly the way you like it. These are some of the most versatile motorcycles to ever hit the street. Making each hour of riding feel better than the one that came before is a big part of the reason why.
- Chrome 5-Spoke Cast Wheels: When it comes to custom, standout wheels are a must. The 1200 Custom motorcycle features brilliant chrome 5-spoke wheels that cast striking reflections wherever you go. Custom style for a custom ride.
- Rear LED Lighting: Low profile in style, but big and bright when you need it most. The rear LED beam on the 1200 Custom motorcycle fits the contours of the rear fender perfectly, and the array of fast-acting red LED lamps grabs everyone's attention both during the day and at night. License plate mounts are slotted nearby to offer a convenient and noticeable spot for your tag.
- Fat Front End: Leading the way for the 1200 Custom motorcycle is a fat, in-your-face front end. The thick triple clamp and beefy front tire wrapped around a 16-inch 5-spoke chrome cast wheel will not be denied. Take a look and you'll see the true custom character of a Sportster® motorcycle, but just a little fatter and a little more custom.
- H-D1™ Factory Customization: Make it yours from the start. Now with H-D1™ Factory Customization, your personalized 1200 Custom motorcycle is built just for you from the Harley-Davidson factory. It's easy: use the online H-D1™ Bike Builder tool to configure a bike that fits your style and personality. Select from extended paint offerings and genuine H-D engines, wheels, seats, handlebars, footpeg positions and security. Bring your plan to your Harley-Davidson dealer for consultation and to place your order. Our employees go to work, building your motorcycle according to your design, and in about 4 weeks* your masterpiece will be ready for you at your dealer.
- Evolution® Engine Heritage: The Evolution® engine—known in certain crowds as the Blockhead—was first bolted to the frame of a Harley-Davidson® motorcycle back in 1984. Born from legendary Shovelhead and Ironhead engines, the Evolution® engine broke new ground in displacement innovation while maintaining the hunger for power, durability and proven reliability that The Motor Company was built on.
- Evolution® Engine Innovation: Air-cooled and durable as hell, the 1200cc Evolution® engine is yet another nod to the unwavering work ethic that drives advancements in motor technology at Harley-Davidson. Aluminum heads and cylinders lighten the load of the bike and improve air-cooling efficiency. Electronic fuel injection says goodbye to carburetors and boasts increased reliability and less routine maintenance. Bottom line: the rubber-mounted Evolution® engine runs hard and rides smooth for thousands of miles so you can just worry about taking in the freedom of the open road.
- Pure Harley-Davidson Styling: Feast your eyes on the 1200cc Evolution® engine and there's no mistaking its roots. This is authentic Harley-Davidson style through and through with an attention to detail you won't find from any other motorcycle company. Black powder-coated cylinders and cylinder heads are topped off with chrome rocker covers, while chrome pushrods highlight the iconic V-Twin. It's a jewel machined out of metal. Pure. Dripping with power. From the classic edge of the cooling fins to the clean lines of cases and covers—the 1200c Evolution® engine makes an ironclad statement about holding on to what's right and staying true to what satisfies the rider.
- Ergonomic Hand Controls: If your hands feel good on the controls you’ll feel good on the bike. Which is why when you twist the throttle of a Harley-Davidson® motorcycle, you just know. You feel more dialed in, comfortable and attuned to the road and everything around you. In designing these hand controls we went the extra mile to make sure every operation is as intuitive, fluid and effortless as possible. So you can keep your eyes on what’s over the next ridge and not what’s under your thumb. Things like self-canceling turn signals that are right where you want them to be and brake levers that are easy for all riders to reach. We’ve added other features, too, like a trip switch and vehicle “start” switch as all Sportster models are keyless. Details that may seem small but make a huge difference on the road. Because it’s tiny things like these that make a Harley-Davidson® motorcycle a Harley-Davidson® motorcycle.
- Integrated Electrical System: Coursing through every Sportster® model is a body controller with updated routing. It has a cleaner look and reduces the number of wiring harnesses, switches, relays and fuses. Which is a fancy way of saying less fuss. We’ve also added a voltage regulator with modified fins and integrated connectors to improve heat rejection. Like you, the Sportster® motorcycles are wired and ready to chase wind and eat up miles of pavement.
- Closed Loop Exhaust System: Designed to meet future worldwide emissions standards and the standards of future generations of Harley-Davidson® motorcycle riders. This closed loop exhaust system delivers heart-pounding performance in the key of the trademark Harley-Davidson rumble. With its robust, soul-stirring big twin design, durable mufflers with exhaust shields, a catalyst and mini heated oxygen sensors that improve emissions and drivability, this system is not only better for the environment, it makes riding better.
- Tach and Gear Indicator Readout: Even though none of us would want to admit it, from time to time, we've all had to kick our shift lever back down to 1 to figure out what gear we were in. The Sportster® models get a speedometer with a gear indicator readout and a tachometer that can be activated by your trip switch. Now you've got all the information you need to keep it in the power band at the touch of a finger.
- Foundation Brake System: Like riding itself, you can never go too far when it comes to improving a bike’s brakes. This is why for we gave the brake system of each Sportster® model a complete overhaul designed to improve performance, fit and finish. We increased the size of the brake rotors from 292mm to 300mm and added a more powerful, stylized front caliper with 34mm pistons and stylized rear caliper to match. Other system features include an improved all-aluminum integrated rear master cylinder with reservoir, all-aluminum front master cylinder with reduced friction and higher efficiency, and stainless steel braided lines. It all adds up to more confidence on the road and more power and predictability when you squeeze the brakes.
- Anti-Lock Brakes (ABS) (Optional): When the burrito exit comes out of nowhere, you’ll need a little extra braking power. That’s why optional anti-lock brakes (ABS) are available on all Sportster® models. ABS improves overall braking performance, and keeps you from locking up under heavy braking. Plus, the entire system is smartly integrated into the design of the bike, so nothing gets in the way of your steel work of art. Because what’s the point of stopping if you can’t make a few heads turn?
- H-D® Smart Security System (Optional): The factory-installed next-generation security system features a hands-free fob that automatically arms and disarms the vehicle's electronic security functions as you approach and walk away from the bike. Stick the fob on your ignition key ring and let it do all the work. It's this attention to detail and security that make Harley-Davidson® motorcycles unique.
- Michelin® Scorcher™ Tires: Michelin® Scorcher™ tires provide the superior performance, sensational grip, impressive durability and excellent handling expected on a race-bred bike. The exclusive deep-cut tread design improves grip and water evacuation capability. Grip performance and durability is also enhanced by the tire's rubber compounds, which use the latest generation of Michelin synthetic polymers.
- New Two-Up Custom Seat with All-Day Comfort: The 1200 Custom motorcycle sports a sleek one-piece, two-up classic seat that has all the premium material, stitching and style you expect from Harley-Davidson, the motorcycle makers who've been putting their own seats in the saddle for over a hundred years. The latest 21 Century materials let us keep the sleek style, but add even more all-day comfort to your ride. It's a great seat to go solo, and has plenty of room to bring along a friend.
- Pullback Handlebar: Sink into the saddle and let your arms fall naturally to the grips. The 1200 Custom motorcycle is equipped with a pullback handlebar that creates a comfortable, laidback cruising position. Stainless steel for a tough custom look, and about one inch closer to your chest, you're ready to take on the road ahead.
- Forward-Mounted Controls: With the custom forward-mounted controls on the 1200 Custom motorcycle, you can kick back a little and stretch your legs for the ultimate cruise through town or across the state line. It's time to take in the open road the way you were meant to—on a two-wheeled machine that keeps it as real as you do.
- New Suspension Front and Rear: From the day the first Sportster® motorcycle roared out of Milwaukee in 1957, the street has been its home turf. Raw power and looks were only part of the equation. The nimble, confident ride took it from there. So it's only right to give the ride quality of the Sportster family a major upgrade to use the latest technology. Up front, you have a brawny 39mm fork with cartridge damping to give you a sporting ride without the harshness. In back, we went with an emulsion rear shock with screw adjuster. It not only works overtime to soak up every bump the street throws your way, it also adjusts to fit your riding style. Simply turn the screw and you have a rear suspension set up to ride just the way you like it.
- Length: 87.6 in. (2,225 mm)
- Seat Height, Laden: 26.6 in. (676 mm)
- Seat Height, Unladen: 28 in. (710 mm)
- Ground Clearance: 4.3 in. (110 mm)
- Rake (steering head) (deg): 30
- Trail: 4.2 in. (107 mm)
- Wheelbase: 59.8 in. (1,520 mm)
- Tires, Front Specification: 130/90B16 73H
- Tires, Rear Specification: 150/80B16 77H
- Fuel Capacity: 4.5 gal. (17 L)
- Oil Capacity (w/filter): 2.8 qt. (2.6 L)
- Weight, As Shipped: 559 lb. (254 kg)
- Weight, In Running Order: 587 lb. (266 kg)
- Engine: Air-cooled, Evolution®
- Bore: 3.5 in. (88.9 mm)
- Stroke: 3.811 in. (96.8 mm)
- Displacement: 73.4 cu in. (1,202 cc)
- Compression Ratio: 10:1
- Fuel System: Electronic Sequential Port Fuel injection (ESPFI)
- Primary Drive: Chain, 38/57 ratio
- Gear Ratios (overall) 1st: 9.315
- Gear Ratios (overall) 2nd: 6.653
- Gear Ratios (overall) 3rd: 4.948
- Gear Ratios (overall) 4th: 4.102
- Gear Ratios (overall) 5th: 3.517
- Exhaust: Chrome, staggered exhaust with slash-cut mufflers
- Wheels, Front Type: Chrome 5-Spoke Cast Aluminum
- Wheels, Rear Type: Chrome 5-Spoke Cast Aluminum
- Brakes, Caliper Type: Dual-piston front, Dual-piston rear
- Engine Torque Testing Method: J1349
- Engine Torque: 70.8 ft. lb. (96 Nm)
- Engine Torque (rpm): 3,500
- Lean Angle, Right (deg.): 26
- Lean Angle, Left (deg.): 28.3
- Fuel Economy: Combined City/Hwy: 48 mpg (4.9 l/100 km)
- Lights (as per country regulation), Indicator Lamps: High beam, neutral, low oil pressure, turn signals, engine diagnostics, low fuel warning, low battery, security system (optional)
- Gauges: Handlebar-mounted electronic speedometer with odometer, time-of-day clock on odometer, dual tripmeter, low fuel warning light, low oil pressure light, engine diagnostics readout, LED indicator lights
NOTES:Recommended 91 octane or higher fuel (R+M)/2. Fuel Economy estimated from fuel economy tests on a sample motorcycle from the corresponding family conducted by Harley-Davidson under ideal laboratory conditions. Not all motorcycle models undergo fuel economy testing. Fuel economy and mileage may vary among motorcycle models within a family. Your mileage may vary depending on your personal riding habits, weather conditions, trip length, vehicle condition and vehicle configuration and other conditions. Break-in mileage may vary. Engine torque values shown are nominal. Performance may vary by country and region. Standard and optional fuel systems may vary by country. Standard and optional wheels may vary by country and region. North America security system includes immobilizer; outside North America the security system includes immobilizer and siren. Seat Height measurement reflects 180 lb. (81.7 kg) operator weight.
- Engine Type
- 73.4 cu in. (1,202 cc)
- Bore and Stroke
- 3.5 in. (88.9 mm) x 3.811 in. (96.8 mm)
- Compression Ratio
- Fuel System
- Electronic Sequential Port Fuel injection (ESPFI)
- Front Brakes
- Rear Brakes
- Front Tire
- 130/90B16 73H
- Rear Tire
- 150/80B16 77H
- 59.8 in. (1,520 mm)
- Seat Height
- Laden: 26.6 in. (676 mm); Unladen: 28 in. (710 mm)
- 30 deg.
- 4.2 in. (107 mm)
- Fuel Capacity
- 4.5 gal. (17 L)
- 48 mpg (4.9 l/100 km)
- Dry Weight
- 559 lb. (254 kg)
- Vivid Black